24 June 2019 Fun and Event
So it’s your turn to host pre’s or your fortnightly girl’s night, and naturally you want to be the hostess with the mostest. Push the boat out from the usual coke and lemonade in plastic cups and try your hand at some of these easy cocktail recipes that are guaranteed crowd pleasers!
- Muddle the lime juice, sugar and mint leaves in a small jug, crushing the mint as you go – you can use the end of a rolling pin for this. Pour into a tall glass and add a handful of ice.
- Pour over the rum, stirring with a long-handled spoon. Top up with soda water, garnish with mint and serve.
Fill a jug with ice and pour over the Pimm’s and lemonade. Give it a good stir then add the mint, cucumber and fruit.
2 passion fruits
60ml vanilla vodka
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp sugar syrup
Scoop the seeds from one of the passion fruits into the glass of a cocktail shaker, add the vodka, passoa, lime juice and sugar syrup. Add a handful of ice and shake well, strain into 2 martini glasses, top up with prosecco, then add half a passion fruit to each. Serve immediately.
Long Island Iced Tea
fresh lime juice
- Pour the vodka, gin, tequila, rum and triple sec into a large (1.5l) jug, and add lime juice to taste. Half fill the jug with ice, then stir until the outside feels cold.
- Add the cola then stir to combine. Drop in the lime wedges.
- Fill 4 tall glasses with more ice cubes and pour in the iced tea.
2 tsp grenadine
1 tbsp triple sec
1 large orange
1 cocktail cherry
- Pour the grenadine into the base of a tall glass and set aside. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add the tequila, triple sec and fruit juices. Shake until the outside of the shaker feels cold.
- Add a few ice cubes to the serving glass then carefully double strain the cocktail into it, trying not to disturb the grenadine layer too much. Add more ice if needed to fill the glass then garnish with a cherry on a stick or cocktail umbrella.