- Once you have decided upon your room, a contract then needs to be completed, signed by both the tenant and a guarantor. This is all done via email. We can offer a guarantor policy for those without guarantors, but failing that, all rent must be paid in advance.
Upfront fees are £125.00 for administration costs and £125.00 as a service charge fee (applies to fully managed houses only) which needs to be paid at this point, giving a total of £250.00 or £125.00 payable. The service charge fee covers the professional cleaning of the property when you leave, including minor repairs, yard cleans, touch ups, rubbish removal and light bulbs under the fully managed properties only.
- All rents quoted include the following bills – electric, gas, water and fibre optic broadband if available. There is a fair usage policy in place and you will be notified if the company detects excessive usage of any of the utilities, and surcharges may apply. Please note that fully inclusive does not include TV licence and students are exempt from council tax.
- Once contracts are signed, the first month's rent being August will be due in April to coincide with your loan. The next payment will not be due until October which is when the loans are due. Rent is paid termly being October, January and April, unless otherwise agreed with the company and it written into the tenancy
Those tenants signing up in the summer will have to pay rent up until the end of September from the tenancy start date and then go onto termly in October when your loan arrives in.
- Rent and fees can either by paid online, via bank transfer or by debit card, with a reference being your full name and student address.
- When you are ready to move in, please call into our sales and settings office to sign for your keys, or if you prefer we can send the keys in the post via recorded delivery (a compulsory £20 charge is payable in advance which will apply to all recorded delivery packages). For 'Let Only' properties, keys are to be collected from your landlord.
- All copy contracts are available online once all fees are paid. There is also a student information pack to help with the smooth running of the tenancy which can be found at the property when you move in (fully managed only).
- Upon vacation of the property, you are required to leave the property in a ‘reasonable condition’ as the cost of cleaning has already been paid for (if applicable) when contracts were originally signed. Although general wear and tear is allowable, any damages must be paid for, plus surcharges may be added on if there is any excessive rubbish left behind.
- Abbey Rentals will always endeavour to ensure that all our tenants are happy with the services we offer and will always be more than happy to deal with any further queries that you may have.