Found a property you love?
What happens next?
Just 4 things - View - Reserve - Sign - Move in!
Send us an email or an enquiry about the properties you'd like to see and let us know a day/time when everyone in your group is available to view.
We can do viewings: 11am - 6.30pm | Monday - Friday
We will then arrange a date and a time for your viewing and send a text message confirming the date and time to the person who requested the viewing. They will also receive a reminder text on the day of the viewing. We usually meet at our office for viewings.
- All students for the house must be present on the viewing
- If you are 15 minutes late your viewing will be cancelled and it will have to be rearranged.
Reserve your house
So, if you've viewed a house with us, you all love it and you all want to live there next year, the next step is for you all to come back to the office after seeing the property to fill in a reservation form.
We do not charge deposits or fees, however, to reserve the property we ask that you £100.00 of your 1st Month's rent in advance and the balance of this is due in January 2022.
Once every member of the house has filled in their reservation form and paid their advance payment the house is nearly yours!
Sign your Tenancy Agreement
Once every member of the household has filled their reservation form, we will send Tenancy Agreements to you all. This is all done online, and you will receive an email with instructions on how to complete your Agreement.
Your guarantor will also receive the contract online.
Please note, your guarantor MUST be a UK resident, be over the age of 25 and in full time employment or a home owner. Abbey Rentals reserve the right to decline a guarantor if we deem them unsuitable and to request an alternative guarantor .
Your guarantor is typically a parent or a close family member/friend who is liable to pay the rent if you default.
Ensure that you read your contract thoroughly and if you or your guarantor have any questions, then please contact Becky, our office manager and she will be happily go through any queries/concerns you may have.
- All Tenancy Agreements must be signed by both tenants and guarantors within 5 working days of issue.
- Failure to do so will result in the loss of all rent paid to date and we reserve the right to re-market the property.
Once every member of the house has signed their tenancy agreement – the house is yours!
You will each have an electronic copy of your contract to keep for reference.
Next year we’ll be in touch with every member of your group with details about moving in.
In the meantime, here is a bit about what happens:
If your property is fully managed by Abbey Rentals
- if you are moving in to a fully managed property, you will need to come to our office to collect and sign for your keys. You can do this anytime from 9am on the start date of your tenancy, however you can only move into the property after 6pm.
- note, you will be charged a £20.00 key retainer, and this is refundable at the end of your tenancy once you have returned your keys to us.
If your property is fully managed by your Landlord
- if you are moving in to a property that is managed by the landlord, then they will be in touch to arrange key collection and they will be managing your house for the year. Their contact information will be in your tenancy contract and you can contact them directly with any questions you may have.
If you have any questions then please contact us.
We are always happy to help. Hope to see you soon!